|Current version:||188.8.131.52 (31.10.2010)|
The basic rules in Stranded II remain the same as in the first game, Stranded I: You play as "Mr. Stranded" who finds himself (in the adventure mode after being shipwrecked) on a lone island, trying to survive. To do so, you have to watch your vital needs such as hunger, thirst and fatigue which are displayed as bars in the upper left corner of the screen. Once one of these bars is filled completely the player starts to bleed and loses heath periodically which is also shown in the upper left corner. When this indicator lowers to zero the player dies. Furthermore attacks from wild animals or sleeping without a shelter will provide direct damage to the player. In order to restore some health he can eat or drink certain food/drinks.
|Stranded - once again!|
|In Stranded II you face up with the struggle for survival again. However this time there is much more to discover and to explore compared to the prequel.
One of the best improvements is simply the huge number of new possibilities and objects. Far more than 100 different items want to be found, used, combined, eaten or obstructed. Many new buildings allow you to build a powerful camp which offers protection and unexpected comfort.
Of course there are also single missions again. For example, an island where you can play Tower Defense, a raptor hunting island or a mysterious color game.
That's not enough for you? Take a look at the editor and create your own islands. A clever scripting system offers nearly unlimited options. Objects can be changed with definitions and scripts as well. It's even possible to add completely new Objects and to modify the whole game this way.
- Winner in casual category of 3rd annual Indie Game Showcase (ECD Systems)
- Pädi-Cachet 2007, pedagogically valuable
- Project of the year 2007 at BlitzForum.de
- On DVD of magazine "Computer Bild Spiele"
- On DVD of magazine "c't"
- The game has been programmed using Blitz3D and contains about 50.000 lines of code.
- The integrated scripting language (Stranded2Script, short s2s) makes it possible to create your own maps or with some experience even whole mods.
- On December 3, 2009 the source code was released so it is now possible to modify it and compile your own exe-file which contains user-specified functions provided you have enough Blitz3D knowledge.
- Unreal Software users The Oracle File and Royal Flash together created a Multiplayer Mod. You can find it at http://oraclefile.com/ or in the Thread in the forums. Originally DC had planned to create a Multiplayer Mode by himself but skipped the implementation due to time issues.
- List of all objects
- List of all items
- List of all units
- List of all infos
- List of Stranded II modifications